Floral Waterfall: Saturday 25th June 2022
- TutorKathleen Laurel Sage
Date: Saturday 25th June 2022
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Tutor: Kathleen Laurel-Sage
Come along and create a translucent delicate interpretation of a waterfall with flowers and butterflies floating in its wake. The background will be created using strips of organza held together with meandering embroidery stitches and holes made with a soldering iron. You will use an embroidery machine to stitch out the flowers and butterflies, which will then be arranged and soldered in place to create a small 3D wall panel. A beautiful piece to display in your home!
This class is ideal for owners of Husqvarna Viking Embroidery machines.
• Basic sewing kit to include pins, small and large scissors, etc.
• Sensor Q foot or embroidery R foot and a small screwdriver
• Embroidery needles size 75
• 240 x 150 embroidery hoop (if you don’t have this hoop you can use another one as long as it isn’t smaller)
• 1m hydrosoluble film
• 1m Bondaweb
• Roll of baking parchment
• Organza fabrics
• You will need at least 3 x 0.5m different colours of sheer organza for overlays and then a varied selection of bright crystal organza scraps that can be cut into long strips and layered together under the overlay to create a new fabric to be embroidered
• Soldering iron with a fine tip 12 - 18 Watt – the tutor will have some available for use in the class
• Smooth ceramic tile or glass chopping board to solder out areas within the stitched out embroidery and also to embellish
• A varied colour selection of rayon machine embroidery threads to complement and contrast your organza fabrics
• 2 x pre wound bobbins or two bobbins wound with bobbin fill
• Small sharp embroidery scissors
• Soft bathroom towel, not your best one!
• Beading needle and thread for assembly purpose
• Small beads and sequins to complement your organza fabric
All sewing items can be purchased from Coles Sewing Centre with a 10% discount!
|Tutor||Kathleen Laurel Sage|
Write Your Own Review