From Shirt to Blouse Workshop | 1-2 November 2023
Scroll down for more information
- AvailabilityPlaces available
- Time10am - 4pm
- TutorCatherine Crew
From Shirt to Blouse WorkshopDates: Wednesday 1st and Thursday 2nd November 2023
Time:10:00am – 4:00pm
Tutor: Catherine Crew
Skill level: Suitable for those that have some garment making knowledge
Spread the cost with PayPal Pay in 3. Pay in three interest-free payments on purchases from £30 to £2,000. Click here to learn more.
An exciting opportunity to create and make something unique and refashion a man’s shirt into a stylish blouse that will look fabulous when paired with jeans, trousers or a skirt. Upcycle a man’s shirt that is no longer used or worn, it could be a trendy shirt you’ve found in a charity shop or a shirt belonging to a family member that could be used to create new memories.
There will be lots of opportunity to learn new techniques, such as French seams, making bias tape, creating ruffles and tucks, as well as learning skills such as fitting and dart manipulation. You will make a muslin front toile to get the fit just right, no matter what your unique shape.
• You’ll need one shirt or if you want a loose-fitting blouse, you will need two. There is also the option to mix and match so if you have two shirts bring them along with you. If you have a shirt size choice, the larger the better as this will give you some style options.
• Simplicity Pattern S9386 Set of Blouses in either size H5 (6-8-10-12-14) or U5 (16-18-20-22-24).
• Basic sewing kit, to include scissors, pins, tape measure, fabric marker, etc.
• A good quality seam ripper, e.g. Prym Large Ergonomic Stitch Ripper (610930) or Prym Small Ergonomic Stitch Ripper (610931)
• Small scissors with a fine sharp point
• Pattern paper
About the tutor – Catherine Crew
Catherine Crew has been valuable part of the Coles shop team for over 10 years. Along with being part of our shop floor staff, Catherine teaches overlocker courses for new owners, as well as more advanced techniques for people who have been using their overlockers for longer. Since 2019 Catherine has studied for Level 2 City and Guilds diplomas in Tailoring and Pattern Cutting and gained distinctions in both; she has also completed a teaching course for adults at Nottingham Trent University.
|Time||10am - 4pm|