Sea Glass Quilt Panel Workshop | Thursday 27th July 2023
Scroll down for more information
- Time10am - 4pm
- TutorGilli Theokritoff
Sea Glass Quilt Panel WorkshopDate: Thursday 27th July 2023
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Tutor: Gilli Theokritoff
Skill level: Suitable for all abilities
Spread the cost with PayPal Pay in 3. Pay in three interest-free payments on purchases from £30 to £2,000. Click here to learn more.
Beachcombing, looking for shells and driftwood, the joy of finding a piece of sea glass in the sand – memories of seaside holidays! Here, pebbles of rounded glass are made from a selection of fabrics, appliquéd and either free-machine or straight stitched. This panel is approximately 16” square so would make a great cushion, or wall hanging, or can be a practice piece for a larger quilt. Wouldn’t it look lovely on a bathroom wall?
Equipment Required• 18” square of the background fabric (in pale cream, sand or white), wadding or felt, and a backing fabric. If you can cut and baste or spray glue the background fabric, wadding and backing fabric together before the class, this will save you some time.
• A selection of small scraps of fabric in blues and greens of various shades as well as some beige, cream and light blue to provide some contrast. Don’t worry if you don’t have a huge selection of patterned fabrics, the tutor will bring her bag of scraps too!
• 25cm fabric for binding (optional)
• 50cm Bondaweb
• Pencil or pen
• Paper scissors
• Quilting thread: Quilting before applique is optional. There will be alternative samples to help you decide if you want to do this. You will also need 3 – 5 threads to co-ordinate with your seaglass pebbles.
You will be provided with a Husqvarna Viking sewing machine to use during the class. Please note we cannot guarantee specific models.
Basic sewing equipment, to include:
• Sharp scissors
• Fabric marker
If you have not already prepared your fabrics:
• Rotary cutter
• Quilting ruler
• Cutting mat (we do have a small amount number of mats to for you to use but bringing your own may save you waiting)
• 505 temporary adhesive spray
Husqvarna owners may also wish to bring the following:
• Green bobbin (these can be purchased individually in the shop)
• Free motion foot – open toe free motion spring foot or floating R foot
About the tutor – Gilli Theokritoff
Gilli is an experienced quilter and teacher and has won awards for her contemporary quilts. She is keen to encourage new quilters with her lively and engaging classes. Gilli teaches around the country and occasionally exhibits her work.
|Time||10am - 4pm|