Whimsical Free Motion Patches Workshop | Saturday 7th September 2024
Scroll down for more information
- AvailabilityPlaces available
- Time10am - 4pm
- TutorKathleen Laurel Sage
Whimsical Free Motion Patches Workshop
Dates: Saturday 7th September 2024
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Tutor: Kathleen Laurel Sage
Skill level: Suitable for all abilities, with some basic sewing machine skills needed
Spread the cost with PayPal Pay in 3. Pay in three interest-free payments on purchases from £30 to £2,000. Click here to learn more.
Whimsical Free Motion Patches
Create small whimsical patches that are ideal for small pictures and displaying on greetings cards. You will be shown how to colour in small whimsical designs using rich thread colours in the machine and using the technique of free motion embroidery. Your design will come alive as you learn to infill all the areas before outlining it. A machine-made cord will edge and finish your patch.
Equipment RequiredSewing machine
You will be provided with a Husqvarna Viking sewing machine to use during the class. Please note we cannot guarantee specific models.
Optional: if you have one, bring along a Husqvarna Viking free motion spring foot or embroidery R foot, a general sewing foot (A foot) and a clear open toe foot.
Materials and other equipment
• 1x 10” wooden hoop with the inner ring bound
• Calico or cotton to fit the hoop – you will need a double layer of fabric in each hooping/design created
• A wide variety of coloured machine embroidery threads, such as Gutermann Rayon 40
• Bobbins to fit your machine or 1x white pre-wound bobbin
• A Frixion pen to mark your design onto the fabric
• Machine embroidery needles size 90
• Basic sewing kit to include a small screwdriver, sharp embroidery scissors, hand sewing needles, etc.
• Notebook, pen and pencil
About the tutor – Kathleen Laurel Sage
Kathleen Laurel Sage is a freelance textile artist, designer and enthusiastic embroiderer. Her work ranges from conventional items through relief to exciting three dimensional pieces. Kathleen produces a wide range of embroidered structures which include floral vases and fashion accessories in the form of bags and unique jewellery.
|Kathleen Laurel Sage
|10am - 4pm