Wonky Houses Workshop | Saturday 13th July 2024
Scroll down for more information
- AvailabilityPlaces available
- Time10am - 4pm
- TutorKathleen Laurel Sage
Wonky Houses Workshop
Dates: Saturday 13th July 2024
Time: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Tutor: Kathleen Laurel Sage
Skill level: Suitable for all abilities, with some basic sewing machine skills needed
Spread the cost with PayPal Pay in 3. Pay in three interest-free payments on purchases from £30 to £2,000. Click here to learn more.
Wonky Houses – Kathleen Laurel Sage’s popular workshop is back for a return visit!
Free Motion Wonky Houses is a charming fun filled workshop where you will create a selection of little house scenes that can all be sewn together to create a small or much larger wall hanging. You will be shown how to create the scenes and how to bring them alive with free motion stitching before embellishing them fully with buttons, beads, and sequins, along with a little simple hand embroidery. This workshop is designed to get you comfortable drawing with your thread in the machine giving great results, suitable for both newcomers and the experienced student.
Equipment RequiredSewing machine
You will be provided with a Husqvarna Viking sewing machine to use during the class. Please note we cannot guarantee specific models.
Optional: if you have one, bring along a Husqvarna Viking free motion spring foot or embroidery R foot, a general sewing foot (A foot) and a clear open toe foot.
Materials and other equipment
• 50cm Vlieseline S80 interfacing
• 50cm Bondaweb
• Baking parchment to protect the ironing board and to place over your fabrics whilst applying the Bondaweb
• 505 adhesive spray
• A selection of coloured felts to create your houses and trees
• 50cm pale felt to be your background – this could be white, pale pink, pale blue or a combo
• Bobbins to fit your machine or 1x black pre-wound bobbin
• Black rayon machine embroidery thread, such as Gutermann Rayon 40
• A selection of machine embroidery threads, such as Gutermann Rayon 40
• Machine embroidery needles size 90
• Buttons, feature buttons, beads and sequins to embellish your scenes
• Hand sewing needles and beading needles
• Hand embroidery thread
• Basic sewing kit to include large and small sharp scissors, hand sewing needles, etc.
• Notebook, pen and pencil
About the tutor – Kathleen Laurel Sage
Kathleen Laurel Sage is a freelance textile artist, designer and enthusiastic embroiderer. Her work ranges from conventional items through relief to exciting three dimensional pieces. Kathleen produces a wide range of embroidered structures which include floral vases and fashion accessories in the form of bags and unique jewellery.
|Kathleen Laurel Sage
|10am - 4pm