Five to six sessions should be enough to complete your runner and learn sufficient techniques to get you hooked on quilting!
Table Runner Requirements
- Four to five Fat Quarters of co-ordinated cotton quilting fabrics in a mix of colours, small and larger prints, etc. If you prefer, bring what you have and they can be sorted and added to. Fabric choices and colours are often the hardest bit, so help will be on hand.
- 50cm of wadding – cotton, synthetic or thermal
- 1m of backing fabric – a patterned fabric works well as the pattern will disguise any show-through of quilting. Alternatively each block could have a different fabric, in which case you will need twelve 10” squares.
- Neutral thread for quilting (mid grey or dark beige) and matching threads for quilting. These can be discussed in class.
- Husqvarna bobbin to use in class, or bobbin fill reels – available from Coles.
- If you have a Husqvarna machine, please bring your ¼” foot and walking Foot with you.
- Over the course you will also need 50cm of Bondaweb and eventually fabric for sashing and binding, but these can be decided later.
And don't forget your basic sewing equipment, to include:
- Rotary cutter
- Quilting ruler
- Cutting mat (we do have a small amount number of mats to for you to use but bringing your own may save you waiting)
- Fabric marker
Husqvarna owners may also wish to bring the following:
- Green bobbin (these can be purchased individually in the shop)
- 1/4” piecing foot
- Open toe appliqué foot
- Walking foot
- Free motion spring foot
All of the above items can be purchased from Coles Sewing Centre with a 10% discount in the shop for class attendees!