Sewgirl Pattern | Quilted Cross-Body Zip Up Bag
Scroll down for more information
- DesignerFiona Hesford
Sewgirl Sewing PatternPattern name: Quilted Cross-Body Zip Up Bag
Skill level: Beginner
This is a sewing pattern to make a practical cross body lined bag with an inner pocket. This ergonomic style bag has a zip and a panelled base and is layered with wadding and quilted with lovely stitch detailing, so it's nice and soft and protective. Cross Body zipped bag has an adjustable webbing strap; however, a self-made strap option is also written into the pattern.
You could make this bag from any light/medium weight fabric, it would be lovely to use a favourite patterned cotton fabric, or maybe you have some fabric left over from a previous project to make a matching bag.
The bag measures approximately 35cm (14”) wide x 16cm (6 ½”) deep and a 10cm (4”) wide base. The strap length is 115cm (45 ½”). It holds a multitude of things due to its expansive base and pleat detail. It's a really useful bag for around town, festivals or popping to the shops. Worn across the front of the body or sitting snugly on your hip, it's a bag that is designed for comfort.
• Outer fabric: 30cm (½ yard) (50cm x 140cm if making your own strap) medium to lightweight cotton, denim, corduroy, or lightweight water-resistant fabric
• Lining fabric: 30cm (½ yard) medium to lightweight cotton
• Wadding/fleece – 50cm (½ yard)2oz polyester wadding or Vilene H640
• Strap: 1.5m (1 ½ yards) of cotton or polyester bag strap webbing 25mm wide (1”)
• Notions: You will also need one 25mm (1”) rectangle ring and slider, 35cm (14”) length of no.5 continuous zipping or a 30cm (12”) zip and a reel of thread