Tilly and the Buttons Pattern: Mabel
- BrandTilly & The Buttons
Tilly and the Buttons Sewing PatternPattern name: Mabel Dress and Blouse
Size range: UK 6-34 (US 2-30 / EUR 34-62 / AUS 6-34)
Skill level: Improver
Model garment sizes: Sarah (pink dress) is wearing a size 5 (UK 14) and Sophie (gingham blouse and floral dress) is wearing a size 9 (UK 22)
"Oh this? I made it myself!" Get ready for all the compliments with this dreamy dress or blouse with shirred waist and cuffs. Learn to sew shirring with Tilly’s step-by-step guide.
• Square-shaped elasticated neckline
• Full-length or elbow-length sleeves, with deep shirred cuff or narrow shirred cuff with frill hem
• Voluminous raglan sleeves elasticated around the shoulders
• Front neckline has a pretty frill, keyhole opening and faux drawstring ties
• Blousy bodice and floaty skirt cinched in with shirred waistline
• Make it as a midi-length dress or peplum blouse
Lightweight woven fabrics that gather easily, such as cotton lawn, poplin, voile, seersucker, viscose (rayon) or crêpe. You will also need matching thread, 1.5m (1¾yd) of 8-10mm (⅜in) wide elastic, 1-2 spools of shirring elastic (elasticated thread) and 2 safety pins.
|Brand||Tilly & The Buttons|